If you had to list your top challenges as a marketer, time would probably be on top of the list.
And you’d be in good company—along with the thousands of other marketers who listed “managing time” as their number one concern on a 2017 survey published by Convince and Convert.
Marketers repeatedly cited time crunches caused by poor collaborative efforts, too many vague goals, and disorganization as the biggest threat to keeping up with their marketing strategy.
In an age where consumers expect greater authenticity and personalization, it probably doesn’t surprise you to learn that respondents also mentioned the challenge of creating personal connections with consumers.
In fact, as a point of reference, here’s their Top 10 list of challenges that marketers are facing. Perhaps you can relate to a few:
- Content marketing and quality
- Creating content
- Scaling content
- Generating ideas
If just reading this list gives you anxiety, then we have a way to help— using all of the available HubSpot free tools.
And while HubSpot’s free tools won’t make your marketing problems magically disappear, they can help you tackle a number of those problems with confidence.
For Those Who are Just Getting Started in Marketing, What is HubSpot?
HubSpot is software for inbound and content marketing and sales that aids marketers to attract new customers, convert leads, and close deals.
Content marketing means that you work to provide helpful and relevant content to potential customers during each stage of their buying journey. Using HubSpot’s free tools can help you get there.
HubSpot’s Free (and Powerful) Marketing Tools
When your marketing agency puts a lot of effort into building organic traffic, you need analytics tools to tell you exactly what does and doesn’t work.
Building Content Pyramids
HubSpot will show you how to build a content pyramid with a top-level page focused on one keyword and then three supporting topics and blog posts related to each to entice people to keep reading.
Call to Action (CTA)
You have set up a great deal for prospective customers and now you want them to follow through and get in touch with you. The Call to Action tool gives you precise wording to increase your conversions.
Creating Landing Pages
With every ad, you need to re-direct people to a landing page quickly to show them the most relevant information and capture their information quickly.
Email Drip Campaign
Set up an automated campaign for sending a series of emails designed keep a contact engaged with your brand. HubSpot has some best strategies for these campaigns, and help with the marketing automation piece.
A customer has arrived at your site but has questions, maybe about your company or about a product. The live chat feature answers questions automatically and helps users to overcome common objections.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
No online business gets anywhere without a solid SEO strategy. This one of HubSpot’s free tools is especially useful if you have never optimized content, although really anyone can benefit from a tweak.
You don’t want to bring customers into your sales funnel only to lose them. Make sure you know how to nurture and track them at every stage of their interaction.
After establishing social media accounts, this tool can help you learn how to gain maximum followers and how to best engage with them.
Does your sales funnel offer enough value for a customer to step into it for the first time? Learn how to make it especially enticing.
Website Design Editing
You’re ready to hit the publish button, but don’t do it before using HubSpot’s free website design editing tool for a polished look.
Managing a website requires constant updating and monitoring, which can quickly become overwhelming. HubSpot allows you to learn best practices from the experts without spending a dime.
HubSpot’s Free Sales Tools
It’s all about working smarter when you put your marketing on autopilot and then track the results.
And don’t let your new customers get away with HubSpot Customer Relationship Management (CRM). With this tool, you can see when customers logged into your site and how long they stayed there with the customer logging information program.
This suite also provides you with email tools such as scheduling, tracking, and notifications along with forms, contact management, more analytics information, and a complete visual of your sales channel to see how it stacks up.
You won’t believe how handy it is to see everything about a contact in one place until you experience it for yourself.
Even More Free HubSpot Tools
The value of using HubSpot doesn’t end with its marketing, sales, and CRM hubs. It’s worth your time to check out at least some of these other free tools and see what they can offer your digital marketing strategy.
1. Blog Ideas Generator: Don’t know what to call your amazing blog post? Just enter three nouns into this tool for some catchy titles. You can’t build a great content pyramid with a boring title!
2. Email Signature Generator: Do you want to look both stylish and professional when you send out emails? Just enter your name, certifications, social media accounts, a CTA, or other important details, and have this tool can generate and format the perfect email signature.
3. Make My Persona: Creating a customer persona is an important marketing strategy, but how do you go about it? Just enter some basic data into Make My Persona to find out and improve the targeting of your marketing strategy.
4. Marketing Plan Generator: A marketing plan includes such things as identifying the ideal customer, where and when to advertise, and how to increase organic traffic. The generator tool asks you a few questions and then provides you with a 12-month plan less than 10 minutes later. It comes complete with templates, tracking metrics, ID initiatives, and more.
5. Secured Socket Layer (SSL) Checker: Online security is a huge concern. You don’t want to turn away potential customers because they’re leery about entering personal information into an unencrypted site. SSL Checker checks your emails, website, and all other content for security to establish your credibility.
6. Website Grader: Here you will find every stat you could possibly want to know about your website. This includes general performance, SEO, security, and mobile visibility. All you have to do is enter the URL. And don’t worry if you receive a poor grade since the tool tells you exactly how to fix it.
HubSpot: A Massive Problem Solver
You may not have realized that half of these content marketing tools existed, let alone that they’re offered by HubSpot for free. Once you dive in and use several of them, you will probably desire even more. HubSpot has numerous paid suites with plans starting in the range of $50 to $200 per month. The paid marketing suite, for example, provides you with nearly five times the tools as HubSpot’s free one does.
Digital marketing is an exciting and often stressful line of work. You need fast solutions to the problems of attracting new customers, nurturing them through the sales journey, managing your website, automating email and other processes, and a whole lot more.
If you’re looking for more guidance on utilizing these tactics, or help with your digital strategy in general, let us know. We have experience in branding, digital marketing, content development, and much more. Reach out to us and let’s get the conversation started.